What Are The Most Common Blood Tests And Why Should You Have Them?
In a broad sense, blood tests are designed to identify problems and save lives.
However, within that thought, there are a multitude of blood tests. It’s important to keep in mind that different blood tests are designed to achieve different things. It’s also important to understand that different blood tests are important for different reasons.
Common Blood Tests
There are a wide variety of blood tests available to individuals. While you can certainly want to utilize certain tests to rule out certain specific possibilities, if you really don’t know which tests you should take, you should talk to your doctor to see which blood testing information would be most crucial to your medical wellbeing.
Some of the more common blood tests you’re going to come across can test for:
- Whether or not you have a full blood count.
- The function of your kidneys.
- Your blood sugar levels.
- Whether or not your blood is clotting.
- Where or not you’re experiencing inflammation.
- Your blood-cholesterol level.
- Your immunology.
- Your blood grouping.
- Your thyroid function.
These are some of the most typical blood tests that are administered by health care professionals. In terms of reasons as to why you should have these blood tests performed, there are a number of potential motivating factors that can drive you:
- Blood tests can help your doctor to diagnose certain conditions, or rule out a potential condition altogether.
- Blood tests can help doctors to determine the activity and intensity of an established condition. For example, a doctor may administer a blood test, in order to find out if a patient’s condition has changed due to a certain course of treatment.
- Certain medications come with side effects. While side effects for most medications are generally mild in severity and appearance, certain medications do come with more substantial side effects that should be taken very seriously. In fact, some medications have side effects that can impact your kidney and liver functions. In situations such as these, blood tests can prove to be immensely useful to your doctor.
- If you’re planning to receive a blood transfusion, a number of conditions must be satisfied beforehand. One of these conditions involves testing your blood to check your blood group.
These are just some of the reasons as to why you need to take the possibility of blood tests seriously. As you can see, these possibilities cover a wide range of situations.
Whether you’re planning to receive blood, or if you’re taking a new medication, you may need to explore blood testing. Your doctor can help.
Comments are Closed